Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Please - Make It Stop

90% of what arrives in our mailbox here at the Charismatic Megafauna household each day is junk. It's ridiculous. What is also ridiculous is how many times per year we get phone books - 2 or 3 per delivery. I can't even remember the last time I used a phone book.

I am going to try and end the waste-filled insanity.

My first stop: OptOutPrescreen thanks to Urban Eco's tip. This service removes you from the lists that Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and TransUnion provide to credit card and insurance companies. By far the largest percentage of junk mail that we get is credit card offers.

2 comments:

josey said...

I agree, how do you make it stop. I thought about saving the junk mail up for 2 months and taking it to the post office and giving it back to them. If enough people did that, it would cause quite a stir.

shell said...

Credit card offers usually come from magazine subscriptions (that's my theory).