Sunday, March 12, 2006

LiveLines

I was so, so sad when I upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.1 and found that my Livelines had been disabled. What the hell? I thought. This has got to be, like, the most popular extension ever in the history of Firefox. Why isn't it updated?

This morning, after going through the incredibly tedious process of manually adding a feed to Bloglines, I thought I would turn to Google and see if I might find out a little something there. And I did. It turns out that for whatever reason the extension update finder thingy wasn't finding the update, but such an update does exist! Oh the joy...

Just in case I am not the very last person to figure this out, I'll let you know where you can get your very own update. It's here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, I love Firefox. I love the extensions, I love that you can skin it, and I love that it's not IE. But I have to admit, I've actually switched to Opera.

http://www.opera.com/

It's great. And most importantly its got a built-in RSS feed reader. You can set each feed to update as frequently or infrequently as you wish. The built in pop-up blocker is superior to Firefox. It uses tabs, can be skinned, and the best part is that it's faster than Firefox.