Tuesday, March 14, 2006

CouchSurfing Revisited

So I posted about The CouchSurfing Project a few days ago. I thought it was a neat idea, and a way to save a little money while traveling.

I take it back.

After spending some time on the site I now think it is an amazing idea! And I don't think it has anything to do with saving money. Not really.

I think it's about being open in a way that lets you really meet people - to really talk to them, to really get to know them, to really share your life with others.

I think I'm not very open with others, not at all. I have an extremely hard time trusting people. Participating in this project is going to be really good for me. I mean, strangers are going to come and temporarily live in our house. You've got to find trust for that. Plus we'll make new friends - and who doesn't want more friends?

Since signing up I've corresponded with people in Italy and Ecuador, and we've had a request by a couple from Germany to Couch Surf with us next month! We've said yes of course, so I guess that means our own CouchSurfing experiment is underway.
  • Read what other CouchSurfers think about the project here.
  • Listen to the groovy CouchSurfing song here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I wish I were as brave as you.

Shannon said...

Aw, you guys made my day :-)