Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Junk Mail Part 2

I recently resolved to try and make the insanity of the junk mail stop.

Since using OptOutPrescreen we have seen a decrease in pre-approved credit card offers, but it is still too early to tell whether this method has really been effective.

A few days ago we received yet another set of yellow books from Dex which reminded me that I need to take care of this problem as well. So I called the number on the big plastic bag the THREE books came in: 1-877-2GETDEX. I asked to have our home removed from the delivery list. This didn't seem to be an unusual request. The customer service rep took down my information and assured me that the books would stop coming. Having worked for a mega-large telecommunications company myself I have seen a lot of "Yes ma'am, right away ma'am, it's all taken care of ma'am"s, all while the rep is actually browsing amazon.com - so we'll see.

If you're tired of receiving giant yellow books that you never use, must find somewhere to store and eventually recycle you might try giving 1-877-2GETDEX a shot. Let me know if it works.

2 comments:

Buddy Funkhouser said...

A strange coincidence, we received a bag of three books today. Since we moved to our new apartment at the end of January, we've received nine phone books. Thanks for the tip; hopefully it works!

Shannon said...

Great - Let me know how it turns out.

PS - You should call me sometime, you Buddy Funkhouser you.