Tuesday, November 21, 2006

December First Thursday

My first First Thursday went well, as I mentioned in an earlier post. My pieces looked the way I wanted them to, everyone was very nice and I met some great people. However, I was a nervous wreck from start to finish.

From the minute I got the first email from the curator to the end of that opening night I worried about - well, basically everything I could imagine going wrong I worried about. What can I say? I'm a worrier by nature. But, thankfully, nothing did go wrong. Everything was fine.

Now I'm happy to say that I've been invited back to the same gallery for December's First Thursday. I'll be in the main gallery again, this time for a group showing. It's going to be set up as a "You should consider buying art this holiday season" kind of show, with each artist showing 3-5 pieces priced under $100. It's a lot less stressful than the first show, so it will be nice to just let it be fun.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to put up this month. This month's show is all urban, street themed so I want to do something really different from that. Well, I have a little while to decide. I'll put up a link to the flyer when it gets a little closer to the opening night date for those who may be interested in checking it out.

No comments: