Friday, April 21, 2006

Spinning, What?

I thought I knew what cardio was. I thought I knew how much my little heart could take.

That was all before I found my new gym-love and gym-archnemesis all rolled into one no holds barred, gloves off 1 hour treat: Turbo Kickboxing

At the 13 minute mark I didn't think I had any more turboing, kicking or boxing to give. But my gym ego wouldn't let me leave. So I tried. Hard. I looked like a jackass. I thought I had seen my face as red as it could get - until I hit the 20 minute mark and glanced in the mirror. Tomatoes, I'm telling you. Fire trucks.

Still, I made it the whole hour. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. It was awesome. I'm so going back next week.

2 comments:

Buddy Funkhouser said...

Dude, I just tried TKB in T-Town for the first time! Awesome!

Shannon said...

TKB is the best! I went again last night and did much better than last Friday.

Have you been to 24 SET? I went tonight and liked it alot - although I think I'm going to have to do cycling or something else besides 24Lift tomorrow...My arms are already pretty sore.