Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Kicking It Up A Notch

I joined a shiny new gym. Yesterday I went to a great spinning class. Spinning classes always make my face bright red - it's pretty embarrassing. Today I'm going to a lifting class. It apparently is for "full body strength." Which is nice because I do, indeed, want my whole full body to be strong.

I really, really want to be skinnier. But my real goal is to be able to climb big mountains at a somewhat decent speed. Since I'm so short I always feel like I'm holding the pace back. This season we've set our sights on Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood, two climbs that we'll likely do with a group. My goal is not only to keep up with the group but also to not be the slowest climber.

It's nice to belong to a good gym again - especially on cloudy, drizzly days like today that make getting out and hiking not much fun.

3 comments:

Buddy Funkhouser said...

are you spinning in T-Town? beacuse I sometimes spin in T-Town...

Shannon said...

Nah, I go to P-town. Do you ever go to that one?

Buddy Funkhouser said...

naw. i stick to the 24hour in tualatin. the bigwigs are turning it into a "super sport" lance armstrong style. i don't know what that means besides the giant yellow bracelet that will hover above the reception desk...