Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Teach Me!

My grad school department contacted me on Friday. They said: Find a professor willing to advise you through your Ph.D.

I sort of thought it would be a more formal process than shooting professors emails saying "Hey, want to work with me for the next 6-8 years?" But I guess not. So I looked though the faculty research pages and chose a few with work that overlaps with my interests. I'm pretty anxious to have this part over with. I'm very anxious to know whether I'll be back in school in September or paying back student loans. I have a lot of student loans. I'm choosing not to think about them. I think that's best.

J and I have been setting goals for the year, most of them mountain related. To that end, we're spending time getting back into shape so we can be ready when climbing season starts. I've been spending about an hour and a half per day working out during the week and we're starting with easy hikes on the weekends. This past Saturday we went out to Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge where we saw this cute little mushroom cluster:


Next weekend we're planning on heading out to Sandy River Gorge. We're also excited about doing some hikes and climbs with Mazamas this year, and one of our goals is to meet the qualifications for full membership by the end of the season.

No comments: