Monday, August 07, 2006

I Made It

Well, I'm officially professionally certified to restore rivers.

Woah.

It was a very long, very intense month. That first week, the one I posted about previously, was the best part of the program. It concentrated on river science, hydraulic modeling and other similar topics. I enjoyed learning about the hydrologic and geomorphologic processes much more than, say, the process of getting funding for restoration projects.

As of now I don't know what I'm going to do as far as school and work are concerned. I'm balking at the thought of more student loans. And I'm just not sure exactly what type of "real job" I want to apply to.

I've got a couple of entrepreneurial ideas in the works. Dagny would say I'm being a capitalist, but really I'm just trying to figure out a way to work for myself so I can get my way all the time!

Mostly this week I want to watch TV, relax, maybe do a little hiking. Oh! In hiking news - Mt. St. Helens, which has been closed to climbers since September 2004, has been re-opened! They are allowing 100 climbers per day on the volcano. Jason and I are going up on September 5th, complete with the recommended hard hat (I'm going to try to find a pink one) and dust mask.

Life's too short to not climb a volcano.

2 comments:

Dagny said...

Congrats. Don't worry, I won't use the dreaded "C" word. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a cool gig. And the volcano?!? So cool.